- Freeze drying ensure that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.
- Freeze dried food has a shelf like of up to 30 years, when stored at a wide range of temperatures.
- While dehydrating may impact the nutritional value of some foods by degrading nutrients, freeze drying retains all nutrients in their original state.
- Freeze drying does not affect the flavour or texture of the food, unlike almost all other preservations methods.
- Freeze drying makes food much lighter, which make it more cost effective to post.
- Freeze drying reduces around 99% of the moisture in food, creating an unlikely environment for bacteria and mould to grow.
Lean Australian beef fillet